How it all started
Sebastien Castelot, the Chef / Owner, started his career at the young age of 16 in Paris as a trainee in the Michelin starred restaurant, Le Grand Vefour for 2 years, successfully obtaining his Culinary Art Diploma.
- Sebastien continued his career for the next 10 years in various Michelin starred restaurants including Drouant, La Maison Blanche and Chateau Eza near Monaco.
- He joined the opening team at Sheraton, Algiers followed by a few years in Vietnam and Thailand.
- In 2002, he moved to the Luxury Boutique Hotel, Intercontinental in Lebanon and in 2004 finally settled in Dubai, UAE for the next 16 years.
- Here he continued opening and working in a couple of 5-star hotels after which he moved into a production unit, supporting chefs in the region.
- In Dubai he met his wife, Nadia, who was born in South Africa and spend most of her in George and then in Windhoek, Namibia, finishing her studies in Stellenbosch.
- A few visits to South Africa and 2 beautiful daughters later, in 2020, they decided to come “home” for good.
- Following their life-long dream, they went against the COVID-19 “wishes” and Le Siemma Café Bistrot was born. Le Siemma derived from the names of their kids, Emma, the eldest and Sienna the youngest.
- Le Siemma Bistrot Café is a traditional foodie spot, as you would find in the buzzing streets of Paris, France. Think tartare de boeuf, fresh baguette and a bottle of Bordeaux…